You know how this works:
- if you want a recommendation you need to share who you recommend!
- if you want the good framers to stay in business, we need to make sure they get asked to do lots of work!
- plus you do everybody a great service it you provide recommendations on your website for:
- the materials you like to use and
- the framers you patronise because you get a great service
|the studio of an 18th centuryGerman framework gilder|
List of recommended picture framersThe next logical step is a list of recommended picture framers. Which is where I come in...
I get absolutely no financial benefit from doing this. Like my blog it's just something I'm doing and sharing - because it helps people
I just know this is information artists need and it works better if there is somebody who provides a list.
So that's what I've done
On my my Art Business Info for Artists website, I have a dedicated page for a List of Recommended Picture Framers
- These are framers who are recommended by artists who have used them - on the artist's website or blog.
- they are listed in two different ways:
- traditional vs online
- geographical location
At present the listing is limited to the UK and Ireland but there's no reason why it shouldn't include people around the world.
There's just one thing - the recommendation has to come from the artist and there needs to be evidence of a recommendation on his or her website or blog.
|View of a framework mill, oil on canvas|
If you'd like to recommend a picture framer this is what you do.
Complete the form at the bottom of the website page
- state your name and your email address (ie recommendations cannot be anonymous and can only come from artists)
- state the name of the Framer, where they are located
- Identify the URL of a website or blog where you recommend this framer online. If you haven't recommended the framer online then the framer cannot be added to this listing.
Who do you recommend as a picture framer?
Below are links to more of blog posts about framing and hanging pictures.
Links to more blog posts about framing
- All the mistakes you can make when submitting work to an art exhibition (2016)
- The reasons why frames for art change over time (2015)
- Do frames help to sell art? (2015)
- How to avoid frames eating your profit (2016)
- POLL: Exhibition frames: How much do you spend per frame on average? (2011)
- How much do you spend on exhibition frames on average? (Poll results) (2011)
- How to mat and frame your artwork (2008)
- My frames have arrived - I'm waxing tonight! (2014)
- How to hang a painting - using mirror plates (2015)
- How to hang a picture - using D Rings (2015)
- How to hang a large or heavy picture - using heavy duty hanging hardware (2015)