The call for entries has been made for the prestigious Jerwood Drawing Prize 2014. Online registration opened last week and the deadline for online registration: 16 June 2014, 5pm.
The Jerwood Drawing Prize exhibition represents and celebrates the diversity, excellence, and range of current drawing practice in the UK.
- The Jerwood Drawing Prize is the country’s leading award in drawing
Selected from original art works it has established a reputation for its commitment to championing excellence, and promoting and celebrating the breadth of contemporary drawing practice within the UK.
- This is the longest running annual open exhibition dedicated to drawing in the UK. (It still claims to be the largest - but I have news for Jerwood - there were more drawings exhibited in the Derwent Art Prize!)
- Entries can be submitted by established or emerging artists who are resident or domiciled within the UK.
- It's expected over 3,000 entries will be submitted
- Last year's exhibition included 76 drawings by 76 artists - 24 of whom were students
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning artists at a ceremony on Tuesday 16 September 2014. They comprise.
- a first prize of £8,000,
- a second prize of £5,000, and
- two student awards of £2,000 each.
|Winner of the Jerwood Drawing Prize 2013|
Apocalypse (My Boyfriend Doesn’t Care)
Ink on paper, 183 x 150cm
© Svetlana Fialova
Read on to find out more about the prize and how to enter the 2014 competition.