Who painted this? #2
|Who painted this? #2 (and the rest!)|
As you might expect, a lot of the paintings in this occasional series are going to be of subject matter I like by painters I like!
I'm expecting that some of you might guess the artist pretty quickly - but may struggle with the rest of the information required
If you want to play the game: the rules are:
- You need to leave your answer as a comment on this blog. Howls of frustration can also be left.......
- In your comment, you must tell me ALL of the following:
- the title of the artwork
- the name of the artist
- the date it was created
- the media used
- where it lives now
- how you know all this eg how did you do your search (note 3 below)
- PLEASE do NOT use any of the "image matching" technology which exists (eg Chrome or Tineye) - that's just plain lazy! My suspicions will be raised by those who appear to know the answer a bit too quickly!
- You may use Google or any other search engine to search on WORDS in databases of images.
The person who in my judgement is the first person to get to the answer by fair means will get a mention in my very popular weekly blog post - along with a link to their website or blog or both.
Who painted this #1 - the answer
For those who didn't check back the answer was Basket of Fruit by Caravaggio. Websites differ as to its date - but somewhere between 1595 and 1602 would have been OK by me.
The person who guessed it first was Vivienne St Clair (A Painted Postcard).