Friday, August 31, 2012

Portrait Society of America - 2012 award winners on Facebook

The Portrait Society of America has posted the images of the 2012 International Portrait Competition Winners into an album on its Facebook Page.

In total there are some 50 photographs of the winners of the top prizes and all other awards.  They photographs indicate that the standard of portraiture is extremely high - and refreshingly free of the academic and commissioned photographs of illustrious people (by and large!).  The portfolio of images reminds me much more of the BP Portrait Award rather than the Annual Exhibition of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters.  Those who enter either or both only need to review the images on Facebook to see why I arrive at this conclusion.

National Portrait Society Awardwinners 2012 - on Facebook

The Exhibition was held May 24 – 27, 2012 in Philadelphia, PA so I'm not too sure why it has taken until today to post all the images to facebook.

The reason for this post is that the PSA website has only a small proportion of the images on the website page relating to the 2012 exhibition.  So this new Facebook album is the only place you can see all the artwork which won an award if you were unable to visit the exhibition.

I very often post links the websites of awardwinning British Artists. It occurred to me maybe I should also do the reverse and show British Artists what the websites of those who win prizes at the annual exhibition of a prestigious art society look like. Note folks that they all have websites and many also have blogs and/or Facebook pages!

The awardwinners include:
I must confess I'm very puzzled by how American Art Societies describe their prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.