Monday, December 24, 2007

Vote for the best artwork on a blog in 2007

Ladies and gentlemen - welcome to your opportunity to vote for the best artwork on a blog in 2007 - from those selected as the finalists from nominations received.

As part of the Making A Mark Awards (MAMA!) 2007, I'm awarding a prize for the best drawing or painting developed in 2007 by an art blogger and posted on an art blog in 2007. 19 nominations were received in total and I'd like to thank all those who spent some time making their choice. I gather people would like more time next year!

My bit of the 'voting' has been limited to acting as juror and whittling down the nominations received to just five pieces. These are shown below in alphabetical order. As always with selection processes, my choice is individual to me. In short, every piece had something special about it which 'talked' to me from the screen.

What you have to do now is decide which one you like the best (see images below) and then vote for it - once only please! ;) I've made the deadline a minute past midnight on Sunday 30th December - but I'm not sure which time zone this is! (I'll check with polldaddy and get back to you). I suggest clicking on the images before voting so you can see the work properly. When you've voted you can view the results by clicking on the 'view result' link in the bottom left hand corner (just above the polldaddy link)
I will then announce the winner in the second part of the Making A Mark Awards in a post later on Sunday 30th December 2007.

"Up from the Abyss" by Carol Carter (Carol Carter)
40x30, watercolour
nominated by Adam Cope (Dordogne Painting Days)


Cream Burmese by Felicity Grace (Sketches by Fiz)
nominated by Robyn Sinclair (Have Dogs, Will Travel)


Eruption by Karl Heerdt (Daily Gems)
8" x 10", oil on canvas on panel
nominated by Bill Sharp (Bill Sharp's Sketch blog)

Krispy Kreme by Duane Keiser
60" x 60", oil on canvas
(A Painting A Day by Duane Keiser)

Hedge - late afternoon by Sarah Wimperis (The Red Shoes)
25.5cm x 20.5cm / 10in x 8in; Watercolour
Nominated by Laura Frankstone (Laurelines)

I've listed all the nominations in a separate post if you'd like to take a look. If you'd also like to use the comments function below and suggest what would have been your final five please do so. There is no right answer as such - and I know I found selecting the final five very difficult indeed.

I'm now taking a break and will be back on Saturday with the Making A Mark Awards. Best wishes to all my readers in this festive season.
Note: What happens when - my end of year review

This is an overview of when I will be posting all my end of year review blog posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.