Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Travels with a sketchbook in......the north of England

The refectory windows at Fountains Abbey
pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in daler Rowney A4 sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I've started to post on my blog "Travels with a Sketchbook in....... " a series of plein air sketches that I did recently on my trip to the north of England. Over the next week or so I'll be posting sketches of:
  • The Rill Garden at Wollerton Old Hall Garden, near Market Drayton in Shropshire
  • The view from Sutton Bank - the finest view in Yorkshire according to 'James Herriot'
  • Fountains Abbey - part of a world heritage site in North Yorkshire
  • Views from Rievaulx Terrace, North Yorkshire
  • The ruins of the cistercian Abbey of Rievaulx, North Yorkshire
  • The centre of Helmsley in Ryedale, North Yorkshire
The sketches plus short versions of the text will also be posted on 'Making a Mark' - together with a link to the longer blog post on 'Travels with my Sketchbook' for those who'd like to know more about the location

I'll also update the summary post on both blogs with links to the main post about the sketch as I post them.

A link to the main summary post for the 'North of England' group of sketches is inserted into the "Travels with my sketchbook in...." section in the right hand column (this groups together all the summary posts for all the different places I've sketched). If you've not seen the series of sketches from my other trips before you might like to try checking them out (see below for links).

Links:
Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.