- the rules for how to participate in "Who painted this?"
- how to enter (via a comment on the blog post)
- what happens to comments
- a list of the Who painted this? in order so that you or you friends can participate in the challenge even after the result has been published
How to participate in "Who painted this?"
PLEASE make sure you read THE RULES before posting a comment
THE RULES for participating in this challenge are as follows:
- This is about using brains not technology - so please do not "cheat". This is what you can and cannot do to search for the answer online
- PLEASE do NOT use any of the "image matching" technology which exists(eg Chrome or Tineye) - that's just plain lazy and not the point of the challenge! My suspicions will be raised by those who appear to know the answer a bit too quickly and/or fail to identify themselves!
- You can use search enquiries - using WORDS ONLY to search on Google or any other search engine or to interrogate databases of images
- You can look at as many books or online art databases as you like!
- You can leave a guess - and if I don't publish the name you know you're on the right lines even if you don't yet have all the details
- Howls of frustration can also be left while you try and work it out.......
- I'll also publish the wrong answers!
- the title of the artwork
- the name of the artist who created this artwork
- the date it was created
- the media used
- where it lives now
- how you know all this eg how did you do your search
- my very popular weekly blog post "Who's made a mark this week?"
- the post with next week's challenge.
Publication - and non-publication - of answers / comments
Here's how the comments work:
- All comments are moderated and I read ALL the comments prior to publication
- I do NOT publish the correct answers (in full or part) until a week later - assuming somebody actually gets the answer! Which means if your comment is not published you know you could be on the right lines. Plus it also means others can have the enjoyment of the challenge even if they are probably too late to win.
- The comments are also published in the order they were left not the order that I open them - which means you can all see who got the right answer first and provided all the details.
- Hence AFTER publication of this post and BEFORE the day of the publication of the next post (i.e. next Friday) I ONLY publish all the incorrect answers and all the howls of frustration!
If you want to have a go you will find the answer to each challenge in the post which follows.
- Who painted this? #1
- Who painted this? #2
- Who painted this? #3
- Who painted this #4
- Who painted this? #5
- Who painted this? #6
- Who Painted This? #7
- Who painted this #8
- Who painted this? #9
- Who painted this? #10
- Who painted this? #11
- Who painted this? #12
- Who painted this? #13
- Who painted this? #14
- Who painted this? #15
- Who painted this? #16
- Who painted this? #17
- Who painted this? #18
- Who painted this? #19
- Who painted this? #20
- Who painted this? #21
- Who painted this? #22
- Who painted this? #23