Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Retirement and Pensions for Artists

It's been a while since I mentioned the topic of planning for our retirement as artists. I know a lot of people aren't thinking about retiring as artists - but there does come a time for some artists when eyesight begins to fail and arthritis sets in!

Today I've published a new page about Retirement and Pensions for Artists on my Art Business Info for Artists website.

It includes all the available information I'm aware of which is accessible online. That said it's not a lot.

I'd be very happy to add to the page if people know of any online articles or information which would be a useful addition for readers of this page.

The content covers:
  • Do artists ever retire? 
  • Do artists ever make provision for a pension?
  • POLL: Have you ever made provision for a pension?
  • Using art as a pension pot
  • Pensions: self-employment vs. employment
  • Changes to pension planning
  • How much state pension will you get (UK)?
It also includes a poll. It's a Polldaddy Poll so I've also been able to include it in this blog post as well. Do please vote for the option that best matches your circumstances.




Hopefully some of you will own up (anonymously of course!) and tell us what provision you have made for your retirement.  Once enough of us have voted we will be able to see whether our rate of provision is similar to the statistics collected through other surveys.

I have to confess I'm one of those artists who is extremely fortunate to already have my own pension - although my state pension seems to keep taking a backward step and kicks in at a later and later date every time I look!

I've also included on the webpage the link to how you can find out when your state pension will kick in if you don't know already.

QUESTION: What do you think is the best way for artists to prepare for their retirement?

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.