Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Value is in the eye of the beholder?

Somebody sent me the link to an art video about an exercise to find out what a piece of contemporary art is worth. I I thought you might find it interesting.

It's in Dutch but it has excellent subtitles so no problem understanding what is going on.

The video takes place in the Museum for Modern Art in Arnhem, Netherlands. The host asks visitors to the museum for their thoughts on a work of art by a Swedish artist called Ike Andrews - and then asks them for their opinion of its value.


I'm not sure whether to characterise it as social comment on contemporary art fans or a wicked piece of brand merchandising.

Maybe a bit of both?

So what would you have said?

3 comments:

  1. Great video!

    There's a lesson to be learnt here ... but I'm not sure what it is :0))


    I think i might have said ........Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful video. Thank you
    Its nice to listen to the Dutch language. The furniture bit is priceless. Pricing lesson...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant but the print does look interesting and if I had been presented with it, I would have made similar comments I am sure. I don't think most visitors to an art museum consider themselves as experts apart from the poser art guys They did not look happy.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.