The Good News: I've resurrected the poll on a separate "resources for artists" site which I'd intended to construct during the course of this month.
Instead I've had to do the speedy version and two days and a lot of work later it's very nearly complete.
The aim of the website is to provide a comprehensive compendium about all current professional grade watercolour paints for artists. Click the link below to take a look.
Do you want to know about: * which is the best brand of professional grade watercolour paints for artists? * the colour range and characteristics of different brand of artist-quality watercolour paint?
More Good News: The second version of the Poll has a more complete range of professional grade watercolours for artists - I'd forgotten one or two which I did know about (and David this time Grumbacher is included!) and have found one or two more which I didn't know anything at all about!
In addition, the website provides a module for each brand of watercolour paint (not quite complete as yet - it's taken a lot longer than I expected to find all the links!). This provides:
- Links to all the manufacturers sites, and colour charts and health and safety data where available
- A summary of the colours available - using the same format for all the different brands which makes it easier to see how the ranges vary
- Highlights reviews of the different paints
- POLL: Which are the best artist-quality watercolour paints?
- POLL: How many different brands of watercolour paint have you tried?
More about watercolour painting: