Monday, February 05, 2007

Reloading a Moleskine

Reloading? You may well ask.

Some people like the size and shape of a Moleskine - but not the paper. For those who'd like to replace the paper with paper of their own choosing, Martha from Trumpetvine Travels has developed a simply wonderful set of instructions for reloading your Moleskine. Rarely have I seen such dedication to providing a really clear set of instructions - with pics for the difficult bits!

I've not tried to do this myself as I use coloured pencils rather than watercolour and love the Moleskine sketchbook paper so have no need to change it. However, I do know that artists using watercolour in Moleskines have been less than ecstatic even when the new watercolour sketchbook was brought out. However read the comments from the people who have tried this process and judge for yourself.

Also take a look at the Trumpetvine setup - there's an introduction in my first blogpost about Trumpetvine Travels below.

Links:
Technorati tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I buy the Moleskine sketchbook with the thick pages and have had no problems using it with watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. But since I don't use watercolor paints, I have no idea how those would do. It would be nice to have the thinner pages for more volume but I really like the thicker pages. They feel so elegant. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.