Monday, August 07, 2006

Through the fence

What do I do when I get home from sketching my way round the south western states of the USA? I sketch!

"He who must not be bored while I sketch" was in very chatty mode while we drove down to his favourite view at Emmetts Garden in Kent. I sketched the view to the rear of us while we sat on a bench looking at the Weald and idly speculating about which country has the best weather in the world. Well it was a walm and balmy summer's day in Kent - and we decided that Kent was really pretty good!

Isn't it weird that even with a sketch which features an "in your face" fence, barbed wire, a chain mesh fence and nettles that it still looks really peaceful!

This sketch is in my new small Moleskine which I'm going to try and use a bit more. That means that this image is only 7" x 5.5" across a double page spread. It was done 'en plein air' in pen and ink and then I used coloured pencils when I got home.

Just to clarify: Odd - as in "intermittent" - sketches will continue to be posted on this site. Only sketches associated with trips and travelling will go on my new new blog - and they have now started - first sketches were posted today!

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. terrific, always beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawings. I just wanted to thank you for having such an informative and useful site. It must have taken a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely little sketch Katherine. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.