Thursday, June 22, 2006

Unison Pastels: the Darks and the Lights

I'm back from the repair shop with a new power unit and am back in business!

I'm going to have a pastel theme for the Resources section which will comprise a number of posts. This post is the first in a series which will feature my Unison pastel set - which is my main "workhorse" set of pastels. I have an awful lot of boxes of 18 Unison pastels - which I started acquiring in the early/mid 1990s. All mine are in the colour sets and these don't often seem to feature on many suppliers pages so I thought I'd post them all.

These two are my most recent acquisition - the Darks and the Lights. They've not been used a lot as yet - but they are very well liked my me already - some of the shades are what I missed from the original range. The nice thing is that the darks are not at all scratchy - which often seems to happen with dark colours in some brands of pastel.

I'm going to post the rest of the sets but as we have quite a lot to get through I'll be doing two boxes a day - and I'm open to persuasion as to which ones you want to see next!

These are the sets I have:
  • green 1-18
  • green 19-36
  • blue green
  • blue green earth
  • blue
  • yellow
  • yellow green earth
  • brown earth
  • red
  • red earth
  • greys (my selection)
  • portrait
Technorati tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have not used pastels with confidence simply for the fact that it is not an easy medium to tackle. I think compared to watercolour, it is a wee bit more controllable. But only if you can build up the layers slowly. My two cents.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.