The closing date for digital entries from artists all over the world is 2nd February 2016.
|BP Portrait 2015 - after the Awards Ceremony|
Second Prizewinner Michael Gaskell (for the 4th time!) (link is to a video interview with him)
with Peter Monkman (2009 Winner) who was one of the Judges in 2015
What this post covers
This post covers:
- 12 reasons why this is a competition worth entering - which includes details of the significan prize money
- How to enter for those who don't like the small print. I won't cover every last detail - so you still have to read ALL the conditions but sometimes it helps to have an introduction first! :)
- The Judges - plus a video of a judge explaining how the process works
- How to get selected - my suggestions for how to improve your chances of selection. Plus a video of a past winner explaining the process and how it worked for her.
- The Exhibition
- links to past posts about previous BP Portrait Award winners and exhibition reviews on this blog going back to 2007
What's different in 2016The major change this year is that the conditions and the rules now have a white background and are a lot easier to read.
For those who didn't enter last year the major change in 2015 was that postal entries are no longer accepted and the entry is process is digital.
If any of you spot anything else that has changed please leave a comment and I'll do an update.
|BP Portrait 2015: Judges's Choice for First Prize on the left |
'Annabelle and Guy' by Matan Ben Cnaan,
Winner of the BP Portrait Award 2015 Visitors' Choice on the right
'Juanito' by José Luis Corella
Photo © Katherine Tyrrell